Sunday, March 17, 2013

Installing Teamviewer 8 on Kali 64bit (Debian)

Installing Teamviewer 64bit on Kali OS.

While I was trying to install Teamviewer on my 64 bit Kali OS install,I ran into some missing dependencies. One of them was a i386 package, which cannot be installed on 64 bit unless multiple architecture support is enabled in your Install.
For this we first allow i386 to be installed as a multiarch.

root@kali:/home/dhakkan/Downloads# dpkg --add-architecture i386

Now we need to update our repositories.


root@kali:/home/dhakkan/Downloads# apt-get update

Now we can deploy i386 packages on 64 bit as multiarch

Now time to install the package.

dhakkan@kali:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i teamviewer_linux_x64.deb

You will get errors for unmet dependency which can be installed by using following command

dhakkan@kali:~/Downloads$ sudo apt-get install -f

and it should be good to go.

6 comments:

  1. This is also good.
    The software works well, Ammyy Admin doesn't require installation or specific config, works behind gateways NAT as well as within one LAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. does not work
    the step sudo apt-get install -f removes teamviewer again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm a Linux noob studying Kali for pen testing, and having Teamviewer on it helps me so much because I can put down my Surface and use this as my primary for more than 90% of my job functions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Revisomer, maybe Linux is the not the right OS for you...why would you run sudo apt-get install -f removes on the machine if you have TeamViewer installed? It is mean for people who attempt to install but run into a missing dependencies error.


    Maybe try windows 8

    ReplyDelete